CitiFX is a globally recognized forex trading broker and platform with a 200-year history in offering forex trading. CitiFX forms part of Citigroup, which is a trustworthy globalized financial services company.
According to its operation size, CitiFX has more than 200 employees, with headquarters in the United States of America.
Is CitiFX Regulated?
Yes, CitiFX is regulated by the Commodities and Futures Exchange Commission (CFTC), and the forex broker is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA).
Strict regulation such as this ensures that CitiFX not only guarantees client fund security but that the forex broker commits to ensuring a fair, transparent trading environment for all forex traders.
Is CitiFX Regulated in the United States?
Yes, CitiFX is regulated in the United States by the Commodities and Futures Exchange Commission (CFTC), and the forex broker is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA).
Is CitiFX Regulated in Europe?
No, CitiFX is not regulated in Europe. However, CitiFX has the necessary cross-border licenses to provide investment and forex trading opportunities to forex traders in Europe.
Is CitiFX regulated in a Tier-1 Jurisdiction?
Tier-1 Jurisdiction provides CitiFX with the license to provide financial services in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland.
According to the official CitiFX website, CitiFX is regulated in Tier-1 jurisdiction.
Is CitiFX regulated in Tier-2 Jurisdiction?
Tier-2 Jurisdiction provides CitiFX with the license to offer financial services and operate in the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Spain, and Taiwan.
According to the official website, CitiFX is regulated in Tier-2 jurisdiction.
What are the Platforms and Tools for Forex Trading in CitiFX?
CitiFX offers traders with a choice between several different trading platforms, namely CitiFX Pro, Prime, Velocity, TradeStream, TradeStream SM, Click, and Pulse.
- CitiFX Pro – is an application that provides small institutions and individual retail forex traders with access to flexible pricing. It also grants forex traders access to institutional-level liquidity along with a variety of forex trading solutions. Traders on this CitiFX platform are executed through MetaTrader 4 through the FIX API.
- CitiFX Prime – this trading software serves more than 100 global forex traders who are offered forex trading through electronic dealing portals.
- CitiFX Velocity – provides forex traders with extremely fast trade execution and access to liquidity in more than 100 forex pairs.
- CitiFX TradeStream is compatible with a variety of mobile devices which have internet connectivity, including Android, iOS, Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry, and several others. This mobile trading platform allows traders to manage their trading accounts in real-time from anywhere in the world.
- CitiFX TradeStream SM is known for its quality of trade execution, access to aggregated liquidity from several providers, low latency technology that uses CitiFX’s infrastructure, and which can be accessed through several technology channels.
- CitiFX Click is an intuitive and real-time post-trade reporting platform that provides forex traders with updated information.
- CitiFX Pulse – is a trading platform that offers unparalleled market access to spot and forward forex trading as well as NDF and swap pricing of more than 400 forex pairs, 24/5. This multi-asset platform offers the best of local onshore pricing via a network of 80 treasury sites. It also has global coverage of the forex market makers based in New York, London, and Sydney.
Does CitiFX Have a News Blog for Forex News?
Yes. CitiFX offers a free news blog for forex news on its official website. CitiFX offers traders market news that is updated daily, covering topics such as stocks, forex pairs, occurrences that may affect trades, and more.
Does CitiFX Have a Traders Dashboard?
Yes, CitiFX has a Traders Dashboard, which can be accessed through CitiVelocity. However, to access this, forex traders must first complete the full process involved with registration and account registration.
Does CitiFX Have an Educational Section?
No, CitiFX does not have an educational section indicated on the official website. There is, however, a section that provides market insight and investment strategies through CitiVelocity.
What is the content of CitiFX Forex Education?
The official website for CitiFX does not contain a forex education section.
Intermediate and advanced traders can make use of the various publications that CitiFX offers, which consists of:
- CitiFX Research – which delivers the necessary information that forex traders need to navigate the forex market, including intraday real-time comments, market wraps, strategies, trade ideas, technical analysis, quantitative and structured solutions, and more.
- CitiFX Wire helps forex traders get updated information on the forex market.
- Other publications such as strategy weekly, quantitative investor solutions, and more.
Is CitiFX Legit?
Yes, CitiFX is a legit Forex Broker and Trade Platform that has regulation through CFTC and is a member of NFA.
Is CitiFX Safe?
Yes, CitiFX is a reliable and safe Forex Trade platform where regulation and stringent safety protocols are concerned. CitiFX is regulated by:
- Commodities and Futures Exchange Commission (CFTC) the National Futures Association (NFA).
CitiFX is also a member of the National Futures Association (NFA).
Is CitiFX a Good Broker?
Yes. According to the Forex Suggest review, CitiFX is a good broker for security and trading speed, but not online support or cryptocurrencies.
CitiFX obtains liquidity from several reliable providers in the industry. CitiFX also uses innovative and robust forex trading technology that ensures that trading speeds are optimal and the best in the industry.
Where security is concerned, CitiFX makes use of high levels of data encryption along with other security protocols; this ensures that client funds, data, and information are protected.
Where support is concerned, CitiFX does not offer online support on the official website.
In terms of cryptocurrencies, CitiFX offers Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dash Coin.
What is the Offering of Investment in CitiFX?
Offerings of CitiFX can be found below.
Does CitiFX have Nasdaq?
No, CitiFX does not have Nasdaq.
Nasdaq, known as the US Tech 100 or the Nasdaq composite, is the second-largest stock exchange by market capitalization. Nasdaq tracks the top technology stocks in the US.
What are the Awards of CitiFX?
CitiFX has won the following number of awards:
- 2010 – 22 Awards
- 2011 – 26 Awards
- 2012 – 48 Awards
- 2013 – 50 Awards
- 2014 – 46 Awards
- 2015 – 40 Awards
The awards that CitiFX obtained in 2015 are from the following:
- Financial News
- FX Week
- Global Finance
- IFR Awards
- Risk Institutional Investor Rankings
- Greenwich Associates
How to Use CitiFX for Forex trading?
To use CitiFX, a forex trader should have the necessities below:
- Traders must have a copy of their identity document along with proof of their residential address for CitiFX’s “Know Your Client” or KYC process.
- Traders must be 18 years old or older to register an account.
- Traders must be able to pay the $10,000 minimum deposit.
Once a forex trader meets the conditions above, they can register a forex trading account to use the services of CitiFX.
How to open a Forex trading account with CitiFX?
To open a Forex Trading account with CitiFX, a trader should follow the steps below.
- To open a forex trading account with CitiFX, forex traders can navigate to the official CitiFX website and select “Client Solutions.”
- Here, the forex trader can select “Contact Us” from the side menu.
- The forex trader can select their region to receive the contact details for an office in their area.
- The forex trader can contact CitiFX customer support to have an agent assist them in registering a forex trading account.
- Once completed, the forex trader will receive their CitiVelocity account information, including their login and password.
What is the Forex Trader Account Types with CitiFX?
Forex Trading Platform and Financial Asset Management Institution CitiFX have five different account types that are offered.
CitiFX Account Types are listed below.
- Standard Trading Account
- Standard Trading Account
Unlike other forex brokers, CitiFX only offers forex traders with one type of account. Despite this, forex traders have access to different trading software that will provide them with additional features.
Other features that the forex trader can expect include:
- A minimum deposit of $10,000
- Leverage up to 1:400
- Microlot trading from 0.01 lots.
- Spreads from 1.2 pips EUR/USD
- Access to more than 400 currency pairs on the CitiFX Pulse trading software.
How to Withdraw Money from CitiFX?
To withdraw money from CitiFX, the following should be done:
- Forex traders can log into their CitiVelocity portal and access the option to withdraw.
- Forex traders must note that the only withdrawal method available is bank wire transfer.
- There are no limits on withdrawals, and CitiFX does not charge any commissions or fees for withdrawals.
- Banking institutions may charge processing fees for transactions between the forex trader’s bank account and their trading account.
How many days do deposits take with CitiFX?
CitiFX only supports the use of bank wire transfers for both deposits and withdrawals. This means that deposits may take between one and several business days to clear.
What are the costs and fees with CitiFX?
There are four types of costs with CitiFX, namely spreads, commissions, swap fees, and margin requirements.
The spread is the difference between the bid and the asking price, which is indicated in pips, and which can fluctuate depending on market conditions. Commissions are typically a flat fee or rate charged per lot, per side on certain trading accounts.
Swap, overnight, or rollover fees are charged on certain positions that are held open overnight or over weekends after trading has concluded. A trader can either be debited or credited swaps depending on whether they hold a long or a short position.
Margin requirements or calls are seen as collateral and must be paid by the trader at the beginning of the trade. Leverage lowers these requirements significantly. However, leverage must be used wisely as it can lead to detrimental losses of capital.
What are the Trading Fees with CitiFX?
The Forex Trading Fees with CitiFX are below.
The Standard Trading Account
- Spread: 1.2 pips on EUR/USD
- Commissions: None indicated on the official website
- Swap fees: Will depend on the forex pair and whether the forex trader holds a long/short position
- Margin Requirements: Will vary between forex pairs
What is the minimum deposit in CitiFX?
The recommended minimum initial amount is 10,000 USD.
What are the contract specifications in CitiFX?
Does CitiFX have promotional offers?
No, CitiFX Trade and Exchange platform does not have any promotional offers for existing or new forex trading account holders.
Does CitiFX have a welcome bonus?
No, CitiFX does not have a welcome bonus.
A welcome bonus is offered to traders who register a real account for the first time and provides them with trading credit.
Does CitiFX have a deposit bonus?
No, CitiFX does not have a deposit bonus.
A deposit bonus is granted to forex traders either when they register a new account or with every deposit, according to the discretion of the broker.
Is there a commission-free trade bonus in CitiFX?
No, CitiFX does not offer forex traders with a commission-free trade bonus.
Is there a VIP bonus in CitiFX?
No, CitiFX does not offer forex traders with a VIP bonus.
Can you start trading with no money at CitiFX?
No, you cannot start trading with no money at CitiFX. To start trading, traders must pay a minimum deposit of $10,000.
How does leverage work with CitiFX?
CitiFX allows users with a maximum of 1:400 leverage.
Leverage is a useful tool that allows traders to open larger positions by lowering the margin requirement or call that is needed at the start of each trade as collateral. Leverage can maximize the trader’s profit potential, but it can also expose traders to significant losses.
Where are the headquarters of CitiFX?
CitiFX is headquartered in the United States of America.
Who is CitiFX’s CEO?
The CEO of CitiFX is not known. However, CitiFX is part of Citigroup. The CEO of Citigroup is Jane Fraser, who graduated from the Harvard Business School in 1994 with her MBA. Jane Fraser has held the position of CEO of Citigroup for the past 17 years to date.
What are the social media accounts of CitiFX?
CitiFX does not have any social media accounts indicated on the official website.
How many employees do work for CitiFX?
According to reliable sources, CitiFX has more than 200 employees according to the operation size of the forex broker and its widespread umbrella of trading services.
What are the opinions about CitiFX?
As part of Citigroup, CitiFX is a very reputable, trusted, award-winning forex broker who has been in operation since before forex trading began. CitiFX has millions of forex traders from around the world who participate in forex trading.
What are CitiFX Contests?
CitiFX does not run any contests.
CitiFX does not currently have any contests, and there are no announcements on the official websites that indicate whether there will be contests held in the future.
Does CitiFX have online support?
No, CitiFX does not have any online support. To contact CitiFX, forex traders must locate their regional CitiFX contact on the official website. Every regional office has its own customer service desk that can be contacted 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Does CitiFX offer demo accounts for Forex trading?
No, CitiFX is a forex broker which is beyond the scope of beginner traders, and it does not provide a platform where traders can develop or test their trading strategies in a risk-free environment.
Does CitiFX have a mobile app for Forex trading?
Yes, CitiFX has a mobile app for forex trading via the CitiFX TradeStream trading platform, which can be downloaded on Android, iOS, Palm, Pocket PC, Blackberry, and several others.
There is currently no screenshot available of the mobile app for forex trading from the official CitiFX website or any reliable sources.
Does CitiFX publish an economic calendar?
Yes, CitiFX offers an economic calendar that can be accessed once forex traders have registered a live trading account and received their CitiVelocity login details.
An economic calendar is a crucial trading tool that provides traders with the ability to view relevant economic information which is scheduled to be released. Such events could impact the financial markets and, subsequently, the trader’s trading.
What is the communication information of CitiFX?
CitiFX has customer support desks in the following countries worldwide:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Central America and the Caribbean
- Middle East
- North America
- South America
- Western Europe