Halifax America is an established US-based broker that caters to a variety of traders, including first-time traders, experienced investors, and financial institutions.
Halifax America was first founded in Australia in 2015 and today has its main offices in Glendale, California. Halifax America has 28 employees at its offices in California.
Is Halifax America Regulated?
Yes, Halifax America LLC is regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), and National Futures Association (NFA).
According to the broker’s website, Halifax America is under regulation for providing financial and investment services in the United States of America.
Halifax America’s regulations guarantee that the broker provides a high level of client protection, with segregated funds stored in accounts with top-tier banks, and oversight from a far-reaching regulatory framework within the USA.
Is Halifax America Regulated in the United States?
Yes, Halifax America is regulated in Virginia and other US states.
Is Halifax America Regulated in Europe?
No, Halifax America is not regulated in Europe.
Is Halifax America regulated in a Tier-1 Jurisdiction?
According to the Halifax America website, Halifax America is not regulated under Tier-1 jurisdiction.
Tier-1 jurisdiction is a special kind of licensing that allows brokers to operate in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Is Halifax America regulated in Tier-2 Jurisdiction?
According to the official Halifax America sources, Halifax America is not regulated under Tier-2 jurisdiction.
Tier-2 jurisdiction gives Halifax America license to operate in specially designated countries, which consist of British V.I., Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Spain, and Taiwan.
What are the Platforms and Tools for Forex Trading in Halifax America?
Halifax America offers traders one type of trading platform, namely the proprietary Halifax Trader, which provides access to global equities and bonds.
- The proprietary Halifax Trader from Halifax America allows traders access from one account to use sophisticated inbuilt features, such as multiple charting tools and indicators, advanced risk management tools, and trailing stop features.
Does Halifax America Have a News Blog for Forex News?
Yes. Halifax America has a free news blog that can be accessed directly from the broker’s website. The Halifax America official blog consists of regular market snapshots that provide pertinent insights into relevant market developments.
Does Halifax America Have a Traders Dashboard?
No, Halifax America does not have a Traders Dashboard. A Traders Dashboard is set up to allow users access to all relevant fundamental and technical data from one convenient location.
Does Halifax America Have an Educational Section?
Yes, Halifax America has an education system for Forex Traders. The education section is provided free of charge from the broker’s website and can be used by all beginner traders seeking greater insight into the various aspects of Forex trading.
What is the content of Halifax America Forex Education?
The Forex Education section from Halifax America is divided into two categories, namely Video Tutorials and eBooks.
The Tutorial Videos category consists of several short presentations on important fundamental financial concepts. These videos cover concepts that matter to most traders and investors, from stocks to futures, to personal finance.
The eBooks category consists of free eBooks on market-related topics that matter to most traders and can be downloaded at no cost from the broker’s website.
This educational offering from Halifax America covers the most relevant topics that most traders would require, and is free of charge, making it an excellent resource for absolute beginner traders.
Is Halifax America Legit?
Yes, Halifax America is a legit Forex Broker and Trade Platform. Halifax America has FINRA, SEC, and NFA legal certificates to perform Forex Broker and trading services.
Is Halifax America Safe?
Halifax America is a reliable and safe Forex Trade platform in terms of its regulation and safety protocols. The broker is regulated in the United States by leading regulatory bodies in that region and is featured on the FINRA broker checklist.
All client funds are stored in segregated accounts, so that trader’s deposits cannot be misappropriated, and are safeguarded by top-tier banks.
Is Halifax America a Good Broker?
Yes. According to the Forex Suggest review, for security, and trading speed, Halifax America is a good broker.
- In terms of trading speed, Halifax America’s proprietary platform has inbuilt features for fast execution with direct market access.
- In terms of security, Halifax America is regulated by several leading US regulatory bodies, including FINRA, SEC, and the NFA, while added safety protocols include data encryption and segregated client accounts.
- In terms of online support, Halifax America falls short, as it does not offer traders the option of a live chat function with the client support team.
- In terms of cryptocurrencies, Halifax America also fails to deliver, as no cryptocurrencies are currently offered by the broker.
What is the Offering of Investment in Halifax America?
Offerings of Halifax America can be found below.
Does Halifax America have Nasdaq?
Yes, Halifax America offers traders the option of trading on the Nasdaq 100 Stock Index. This index is the second largest in the world and offers access to the 100 largest companies by market capitalization.
What are the Awards of Halifax America?
According to the official sources and Forex Trading platforms, Halifax America does not have any awards listed to date.
How to Use Halifax America for Forex trading?
To use Halifax America, a forex trader should have the necessities below:
- A copy of their identification documents
- They should be 18 years or older
- They should be a resident of the United States
If a Forex Trader has the conditions above, they can open a forex trading account to use Halifax America.
How to open a Forex trading account with Halifax America?
To open a Forex Trading account with Halifax America, a trader should follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the account opening portal on Halifax America’s website
- Select either an online application or personalized account walkthrough
- The online application will consist of a link to open an account with the broker’s clearing firm, Interactive Brokers. You will be redirected to the IB site where you can complete the account registration process.
- The Application Walkthrough will consist of an online form which must be completed along with a personal message stating your account requirements. On submission of this form, a client support team member will contact you to finalize the personalized account setup process.
What is the Forex Trader Account Types with Halifax America?
Forex Trading Platform and Financial Asset Management Institution Halifax America has two different account types. Each Forex trading account type has different features and conditions with Halifax America.
Halifax America Account Types are listed below.
The Auto-execution account from Halifax America will provide traders with automated trading features. This will allow trades to be executed according to the best trading strategies prevailing in the market.
The Self-Directed Account from Halifax America allows traders to execute their strategies in real-time without relying on automated trading robots. This account has several features listed below.
- Access from one account to stocks, options, exchange-traded funds, and bonds.
- Sophisticated, inbuilt applications for risk management and options pricing.
- Many-featured applications with the flexibility to customize your work environment for optimal productivity.
- Various charting tools and indicators to enhance market analysis and perspective.
- Advanced risk management tools, order entry, and trailing stop features.
- Trading statements can be easily accessed and exported.
How to Withdraw Money from Halifax America?
To withdraw money from Halifax America, the following should be done:
- Click Funding > Fund Transfers.
- Use the Account Selector to search for client or sub-accounts by Account ID, Account Title, or Account Alias, then select the desired client or sub-account.
- In the Transaction Type list, select Withdraw.
- Select your currency from the Currency list.
- In the Method list, select a withdrawal type.
- Type the amount of your withdrawal in the Amount field. Note that you do not enter an amount when you first set up an ACH Initiated at IB or Canadian EFT deposit.
- If you have previously saved any bank information as bank instructions, you are asked if you want to use one.
- Select one of the following:
- Yes – Use saved bank information for new transfer request
Select this option if you want to use previously saved bank information for this withdrawal request.
- No – Create new bank information only
Select this option if you only want to create new saved bank information without transferring any funds (for example, if you are a non-US customer who is closing an account).
- If you select No, complete all the fields that appear, which vary depending on the withdrawal method you selected.
- If you select Wire as the withdrawal method, you are prompted to select a Wire Type
- Be sure to enter a Name for the bank instruction that will be saved with your bank information. You will be able to use this bank instruction for future withdrawals without having to re-enter your bank information.
- You can view all of your saved bank instructions on the Bank Information page.
- Decide if you want to save the information as a recurring transaction.
How many days do deposits take with Halifax America?
Deposits with Halifax America take one working day to reflect in your trading account.
This is true for all available deposit methods, except international bank transfers, which may take up to 10 working days depending on the location of the bank and the number of intermediary bank transfers.
What are the costs and fees with Halifax America?
There are three types of costs with Halifax America. Commission costs are for call traded instruments, spread costs are for all account users, and swap costs are for any positions that are held open overnight
A Forex Trading Cost is charged to traders as a fee for making use of the broker’s services, and it is how the broker makes their profit. The most common form of cost type is the spread, which is the difference between the bid and the asking price.
Commissions are charged on round trades and will not apply to all accounts. Swap fees are interest charged on positions held overnight.
The Forex Trading Fees with Halifax America are below.
- Commission: commission rate of $0.005 with a $1.00 minimum on all products and comparable rates. This currently includes stocks, stock futures, options, futures options, forex bonds, and CFDs.
- Spread: 0.005% or 0.2 pip on Forex currency pairs
What are the Trading Fees with Halifax America?
All deposit and withdrawal fees are covered by Halifax America. However, your banking institution may charge a fee that is not compensated by the broker.
Halifax America also charges swap fees, which is the interest added to positions held overnight, and which can be credited or debited depending on the position.
Halifax America does not provide a swap-free trading account to Muslim traders, for whom this type of interest is strictly prohibited by Sharia law.
What is the minimum deposit in Halifax America?
Halifax America does not have a minimum deposit requirement, but it is recommended that traders deposit at least $100 to ensure that they can cover all open positions.
What are the contract specifications in Halifax America?
Does Halifax America have promotional offers?
No, Halifax America does not provide promotional offers or bonuses to its new or existing clients. This is due to the fact the USA regulators prohibit all members from offering bonuses or promotions as part of their broad-based client protection measures.
Does Halifax America have a welcome bonus?
No, Halifax America does not have a welcome bonus.
However, Halifax America does provide automated trading, which will allow traders to copy the best prevailing strategies in the market. Furthermore, Halifax America acts as an Introducing Broker for Interactive Brokers, one of the most reputed brokers in the United States.
Does Halifax America have a deposit bonus?
No, Halifax America does not offer a welcome bonus. This is because Halifax America’s regulators in the USA restrict the broker from offering a deposit bonus.
Is there a commission-free trade bonus in Halifax America?
No, Halifax America does not offer a commission-free trade bonus. The broker provides competitive commissions on all of its trading instruments, and no additional fees are charged for deposits or withdrawals.
Is there a VIP bonus in Halifax America?
No, Halifax America does not offer a VIP bonus. While the broker does not offer a VIP account, traders can request to have an account set up according to their specifications and personal trading requirements
Can you start trading with no money at Halifax America?
No, you cannot start trading with no money at Halifax America. This is because Halifax America does not offer any deposit bonus, therefore traders will need to deposit their funds when opening a Trader Account.
How does leverage work with Halifax America?
Leverage can be understood as additional funds which a trader may borrow from their broker to increase their positions. These funds are expressed as a ratio, such as 1:400, and are capped at a certain limit.
Traders can use leverage with Halifax America by applying directly to the customer support team to request a specified leverage ratio. The customer support team will evaluate your trading position and grant your leverage ratio depending on this estimation.
Where are the headquarters of Halifax America?
Halifax America is headquartered in Glendale, California, in the United States.
Who is Halifax America’s CEO?
The CEO of Halifax America is Devin Brady. He is a former financial advisor at Morgan Stanley and Foreign Investment Consultant for Euro Pacific Capital.
What are the social media accounts of Halifax America?
Traders can follow Halifax America on the following social media accounts:
How many employees do work for Halifax America?
According to the official LinkedIn profile, Halifax America has 28 employees.
What are the opinions about Halifax America?
Halifax America has an excellent standing in the industry and amongst trader reviews. Positive feedback cites the broker’s advanced trading platforms, competitive trading conditions, and excellent customer support.
What are Halifax America Contests?
Halifax America does not run any kind of Forex Trading Contests. Forex Contests are sometimes offered by brokers as a means for traders to earn an extra profit by competing directly against each other for various prizes.
Halifax America didn't perform any Forex Contest in the past. For the future forex exchange contests and competitions, Halifax America didn't perform any official announcements yet.
Does Halifax America have online support?
No, Halifax America does not have an online support team for Forex trade account users.
Does Halifax America offer demo accounts for Forex trading?
No, Halifax America does not offer a free demo account for new traders. However, forex traders can request a demo version of the Halifax Trader platform with the following steps:
- Navigate to the Platforms section on the broker’s website
- Click on “Request a Demo”
- Complete the registration form online. You will have to provide your full name, email address, and telephone number.
- Select the Halifax Trader platform as your demo version
- Supply the additional information about how you heard about Halifax America. This is for the broker’s marketing purposes.
- Provide a personal message for any specific demo requirements you might have.
- Click ‘Submit’ to finalize your registration.
Does Halifax America have a mobile app for Forex trading?
Yes, Halifax America offers a mobile app version of its proprietary Halifax trader platform.
The Halifax Trader will provide several key features, which include centralized account management for access to stocks, options, bonds, and traded funds. Users will also be able to make use of inbuilt trading tools such as charting tools and indicators to enhance market analysis and perspective.
Trading statements can be easily accessed and exported, and traders can also access advanced risk management tools, order entry, and trailing stop features.
Does Halifax America publish an economic calendar?
An economic calendar is provided to allow traders to follow upcoming market announcements and events which may impact their trades. Using an economic calendar will allow traders to adjust their positions according to anticipated market movements.
Halifax America does offer an economic calendar. Halifax America’s economic calendar provides information on financial events, forecasts, and historical data.
What is the communication information of Halifax America?
Halifax America has one telephone number and one local address.
Halifax America’s main telephone number is: 888.240.7099
Halifax America’s main local address is: 5900 Sepulveda Blvd Suite 332 Sherman Oaks, CA 91411